SPIRE Stanford Board's Governance & Diversity Committee
Commitment to Diversity
We also seek your help to find Board member prospects who might increase diversity within the SPIRE Board and leadership. We welcome your suggestions at any time but you should know we will be electing more Board members later this year.
We welcome your suggestions for Board candidates. In addition, we are interested in future Board candidates who might demonstrate their commitment to -- and increase their knowledge about SPIRE -- by volunteering within their regional SPIRE chapters, hosting a local or on campus event, or by serving on a SPIRE Board committee. Committees include (1) Finance, (2) Innovation, (3) Student Outreach, (4) University Relations, (5) Governance & Diversity, (6) Corporate Sponsorships and (7) Member Engagement.
Upcoming Board of Directors Election
Later this year, SPIRE will hold elections for members of the SPIRE Board of Directors.
As such, the SPIRE Board of Directors invites nominations for board consideration. In considering nominations, the board will take into account a myriad of personal attributes of the nominee to include, but not be limited to, the following:
- The likelihood the candidate will add to the gender, geographic, ethnic, age and racial diversity of the board as a whole
- The potential for the prospect to increase the range of real estate function diversity on the board
- Contacts which can further one or more of the three pillars of SPIRE, particularly university relations in the broadest sense
- Fundraising contacts and a willingness to use them to increase financial sponsorship in support of SPIRE programs
- Depth of the prospect’s commitment to Stanford and a demonstrated commitment to SPIRE
- Any dues-paying member of SPIRE will be eligible for nomination and consideration. In order to nominate oneself or another, candidates must submit a) a completed SPIRE Board Candidate Survey, as well as b) a bio detailing one’s personal and professional history.
Any dues-paying member of SPIRE will be eligible for nomination and consideration. In order to nominate oneself or another, candidates must submit a) a completed SPIRE Board Candidate Survey, as well as b) a bio detailing one’s personal and professional history. You may find the SPIRE Board Candidate Survey via this link.
Please contact Elizabeth Lambird Youngblood with questions or for more information.